Lecompton Planning and Zoning Commission
Monday, June 9, 2008
Call to Order: Jeff called the meeting to order at 7:04.
Present: Kim Richter, Jeff Robertson, Mary Jane Hoffer, Darby Lohrding, Betty Corel
Absent: Paul Maline
Approval of Minutes: Mary Jane moved, Darby seconded acceptance of the minutes, pending changing “Roberts” to “Robertson”. Passed unanimously.
Presentation of Requests and Petitions: None
Notices and Communications:
– Jeff welcomed Betty Corel to the Planning and Zoning Commission
– Representatives of the groups opposing the Farmers’ Turnpike annexation and development were disappointed that the Lecompton City Commission has not been more involved in the process.
– Steve Cretsinger attended the meeting to see if he wanted to join the commission.
Reports of Standing and Special Committees: None
Discussed status of Shane Jones’ questions regarding Jones road. Mr. Jones needs to platte the property in order to establish the actual road easement and determine whether the road needs to be re-routed to provide proper easement with respect to all properties.
– There is one piece of land off of Woodson Avenue that has been split and sold or deeded to 4 different individuals, in effect the lot has been split 4 different ways. One lot purchaser brought this to the attention of the P&Z commission, specifically asking about placement of the driveways. Home owners are not allowed to share driveways in Douglas County. Typically, driveways require about 16 feet
– The Nichols special use permit request is being considered by the BZA
– Darby moved, and Mary Jane seconded, to request funds for a laptop computer and digital recorder for the Planning and Zoning Commission Secretary.
– There is a homeowner across from City Hall who may request a variance to accommodate an addition – this will go to the BZA.
For next meeting, review subdivisions, lot splits, cul-de-sacs, and driveways. The property that has an asterisk on the Douglas County Property Value map, with L00781 split 4 ways, may also be the subject of another lot split that will not leave enough room for a road to serve the two properties. These are located on pages 26-45 in the back of the zoning book.
Darby motioned, Mary Jane seconded that we adjourn the meeting. Jeff adjourned the meeting at 8:15.