April 02, 2012 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Mark L. Tunstall brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 620 Woodson Ave., Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, and Christy Mallonee were present. Council Woman Elsie Middleton was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Justin VanWinkle and community members: Lori Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Jan Stewart, Dorothy Smith, Jane Wintz, Karla Meyer and Brenda Hastert.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the minutes from March 21, 2012 Special Meeting. Tim McNish seconded the motion. Motion carried 3 yay – 0 nay
Christy Mallonee motioned to approve the bills before them, Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion. Motion carried 3 yay- 0 nay
Karla Meyer requested a donation for the inter-library opportunity.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to donate amount requested for startup of $717.50 to the Perry-Lecompton Inter Library opportunity. Christy Mallonee seconded the motion – Motion carried 3-yay 0-nay
Jimmy Wilkins presented a request for donation on behalf of Brian Damme for the PLHS football program.
Tim McNish motioned to donate $50.00 to the PLHS football program. Christy Mallonee seconded the motion. Motion carries 3-yay 0-nay
– Street repairs – obtain bids for street work/ chip n’ seal
– Patch work on 7th street starts Thursday. Needs done before overlay work which happens on Friday – road will be closed till Friday evening.
– Old H/S property taxes – informed the council Taxes will be due in the amout of $31,118.00 – 2012 assessment value of the H/S is $1,028,000.00 – I filled out the tax exemption information, answered the long questions and calculated fees due then scanned and emailed it to City Attorney Lee Hendricks. Lee reviewed the information and said he would get it to Mayor Mark L. Tunstall for signatures and send it to the tax appeals office.
– Tony Rowe’s rental property at 321 Halderman – Requested the Council waive the building permit fees related to his the inspection of his electric meter. – The council said at this time they would not.
– Dog Complaint was phoned into the City Office – concerns about a brown lab and a black dog belonging to Shawn Martin that had been running at large and harassing other dogs and children – the Council requested that the City clerk send a reminder letter to Shawn.
– June 11th is ok for Justin to do tire pickup.
– Informed the Council that hand written check # 5010 was for the Community Easter Egg Hunt
– Permit applications for Tony Rowe and Mid America Bank- request for approval.
o Tony Rowe – permit for electric meter inspection pd. Both fees $25 app. Fee + $100 permit fee
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the permit application for Tony Rowe. Tim McNish seconded the motion. Motion carries 3 yay – 0 nays
o Mid America Bank – permit for completion of new construction at 440 Boone St.
John Chaney with JMC construction – Mid America Bank paid the full amount of $1425.00 – discussion about total amount due was discussed and at this time the council decided that a letter to the bank regarding the fees should be sent and we will review this again at April 16th meeting.
Old Business –
7:40 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn the City Council meeting. Tim McNish seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-yay 0- nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk