LECOMPTON AGENDA September 4, 2012
Open City Council Meeting
Public Comments are Welcome; please wait to be recognized by raising your hand.
(please limit comments to five minutes and stay on topic at hand)
Teri Smith – proclamation for September as National Preparedness Month for City of Lecompton.
Cindy Haines – Food Bank that serves the Lecompton Food Pantry
Cindy Treaster – Update on PRIDE and A/C
– A/C monetary donation
– Demonstration of support from Douglas County Administrators from Craig Weinenoug – letter and resolution sent to KS senators and Reps supporting the USPS and specifically naming the City of Lecompton as being one location in danger of losing their post office.
– Health Insurance –BCBS
– Issue with City Website – contacted Dan – the log in page is currently down, and I cannot make changes to the website
– Craig Weinenoug – October 14th best place for cyclists to stop on riding route – City Park? What have they done historically?
– After hours emergency contact – who are residents supposed to call in the event they have an emergency and need to get a hold of someone from the City?
– Mr. Mathews came into the City Office with a complaint about Johnson grass growing in the right away between his sister property and the City water tower property and was wondering if the City had considered doing anything about destroying the noxious weed?