September 17, 2012 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Mark L. Tunstall brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Jimmy Wilkins, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Justin VanWinkle, City Attorney Lee Hendricks; residents or township citizens: Lori Wilkins, Jeff Morris, Bob Christman, Lloyd Jones, Summer Skeet, Emma Skeet and Danny Easum.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the September 04, 2012 City Council Meeting Minutes. Tim McNish seconded the motioned, with one correction, page two 3rd paragraph change the word “find” to “fine”.
Vote carried 5 yays, 0 nays
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Vote carried 5yays, 0 nays
Summer Skeet – City resident at 430 Whitfield approached the City Council about the ordinance violation letter she received. The issue with her ditch is the erosion control mat that JD Nichols put in has not bio-degraded and the grass seed that was put in there is growing trees and over vine type vegetation. She has attempted to mow it off, but the matting get tangled up in her lawn mower and her step dad had tried to weed-eat and use a chainsaw on the other vegetation which also ruined his lawn equipment. Summer asked if the City could do something else, pull the matting up, fill the ditch with rock and or dirt. The City Council agreed to have superintendent Justin look into pulling the matting out of the ditch and maybe that would make it easier to mow.
Lecompton United Methodist Church – representatives of the Church (Jeff Morris, Bob Christman and Lloyd Jones) presented the new parking lot plan for the Lecompton Methodist Church. Review of the map/plan occurred, small discussion about rain water run off occurred. The City Council agreed there is no building permit needed to create the parking lot and they look forward to seeing the project completed.
– Old Sand Spreader – what would the Council like to do with it? The Council agreed to list it on Purple Wave. Com Auction website.
– Justin informed the Council that he is using extra part time help this week to trim trees on 7th street and around town.
Lynley Sanford –
– Reviewed emergency contact phone number and contact procedure with the City Council. The Council asked Lynley to post the procedure in the fall newsletter.
– Verified the water rate meeting date as being on 10/15/2012
– Informed Council that city clerk Lynley Sanford was contacted by a legal aide on behalf of Burke Wood to provide information (meeting minutes, agenda, and any other supporting documents) in regards to Mr. Wood’s request to expand his driveway and do some landscaping over his property line and onto his neighbor’s property. If any other communication occurs, Lynley or Lee will update accordingly.
New Business –
– Review repair bid from Lower Heating/Air – Pride committee member Bill Smith (after installation of new A/C unit at the former H/S) talked with the HVAC worker about some other issues with the ventilation system and what the repairs would be and how much they would cost. At this time the City has decided to table the concerns with the ventilation system and would like to revisit it in the spring.
7:37pm Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn the city council meeting. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Vote carries 5 yays, 0 nays.
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk