JUNE 03, 2013 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Mary Jane Hoffer, Jimmy Wilkins, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Council member Tim McNish was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts. No residents or township citizens were present at the start of the meeting. Carl Bahnmaier arrived at 7:05pm; Lori Wilkins arrived at 7:50pm
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the May 20, 2013 City Council Meeting Minutes. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Carl Bahnmaier – rock curbing on Elmore between business block and 324 Elmore needs replaced. He would like to replace it with the same stones and not concrete if the City has some replacement stones available. Council agreed. Rance is to check for some spare stone.
Communications: David Glenn resigned from the planning commission
– Chlorine Training 6/17/13 – council approved Rance to attend
– Water Meters – Shaner/LaCava – no further action taken gathering more information
– Ordinance #813 Keeping Animals – amendment to keep horses.
– Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve Ordinance 813. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Vote carries 3 yay, 1 nay (Elsie Middleton)
• Elsie Middleton requested it be noted that she does not support the ordinance or the passing of the motion.
– Allen Jack property complaint – regarding gray water – tabled until 6/17/2013
– Lecompton Township has changed their meeting date to the 3rd Tuesday each month at 6:30pm
8:30 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Vote carried 4 yays, 0 nays