SEPTEMBER 16, 2013 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. City Council President Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Mayor Sandy Jacquot was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents attending included Jamin Nally, Lori Wilkins, Dave and Diana Swisher, Sandy Nichols, and Paul Bahnmaier.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the September 03, 2013 City Council Meeting Minutes with one correction, to add a “D” to Ronald Thacker’s name. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Mary Jane Hoffer did request that the City Clerk ask Westar if the late charge applied to the last street light bill could be forgiven and refunded to the account.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
David Swisher – questions about building permits, permit refunds, extra costs related to building permits etc.
Paul Bahnmaier – asked permission to provide the response letter from USPS to the media and State Governmental offices. The general consensus of the council was that it would be okay, but to ask Sandy first.
Review Ordinance # 814 – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the ordinance, Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Rance: updates –
– City office – roof shingles and paint
– CB repairs – put on next agenda also: would like Rance to get photos of underside of building before next meeting, also maybe bids on new hardwood floor installation and some other work.
– 3rd / Elmore street repairs
– Water leak @ water plant
– Bids for water supply line and meter install – check with chuck folks – give Hurd and Morris 1 more week to get bids in.
– Tires/Alignment for Chevy- done
– Info from Vic – acidize vs. chlorinate wells – council asked to get price on tape measure for measuring well water depth and price for pressure gauges for each well.
– Boiler repairs at PRIDE bldg.. done, city paid, PRIDE reimburse? Send them a copy of the 2nd invoice when it comes in and we will see what they can pay.
– Update dogs/cats at large sign and posted
– Interest review for CD’s and Money Markets – CD’s up for renewal.
– SPD surge protector module repair done – installed
– Huey Tubbs re –sanded brick sidewalk said to call again mid-November for one more treatment
New Business –
– Discarding old computer components after removing hard drives – ok with council – check out best buy to recycle
– Reply letter from Denise Stevens/re: neighbor complaint dog running at large notice – council requested the clerk send dog reminder notices to neighbors with dogs at large also.
– PRIDE bldg. furnace filters/maintenance and chemicals for boiler – council asked Rance talk with Bill Smith about figuring out something to hold the furnace filters against the air intake and work out scheduling of maintenance.
– Requested city clerk try to remove SS# from payroll check stubs
– Advance life insurance, see if Rance is interested and sign him up for it.
– Treasurer applicants – reviewed – requested the clerk ask applicants to come to next meeting – since it is an appointed position by the Mayor
8:15 Susie Hackathorn motioned to go into executive session for 15 minutes for the council to discuss personal matters of non-elected personnel. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion carries 5 yays, 0 nays.
8:30 City Council President Jimmy Wilkins brought the council meeting back to order.
Jimmy Wilkins Motioned that City Superintendent Rance Roberts will receive a 5% raise at the end of his 6 months (October 25th 2013) and City Clerk Lynley Sanford will also receive a 5% raise effective immediately. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion carries 5 yeas, 0 nays
8:35PM – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays