NOVEMBER 04, 2013 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents attending included Jamin Nally, Lori Wilkins, Larry Stephens, Dave and Diana Swisher.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the October 21, 2013 City Council Meeting Minutes. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Susie Hackathorn asked to have the check number and the payroll check written for Ronald Thacker added to the Record of Ordinance since it was not already on there.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– Allen Jack property – possible abatement of nuisance. Jimmy Wilkins viewed Allen Jack’s property and provided feedback to the council that after walking the premises, Allen Jack had done some more cleanup and has hauled some stuff off, but there was still a lot remaining. Jeff Heiman also revisited the property and spoke with Allen Jack but was not permitted to walk the premise. Council discussed the matter Allen Jack was not present.
Elsie Middleton motioned to approve resolution no. 286 abating the Allen Jack violation at 339 Halderman. Tim McNish seconded the motion
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Rance: updates –
– Water line improvements to Shaner building complete – still working on sidewalk repair
– Make sure to provide 4 meters to be set in the basement so building manager can monitor individual business water usage.
– Class in Bonner Springs Tues/Wednesday
– David and Diana Swisher update on new home construction, had Rance double check the setbacks once footings were poured. He is 25’ 1-1/2” on the NW corner and 26” on his SW corner and his side-yard set-back is 25’
– Update on Charter Ordinance #4 – will not be needed.
New Business –
– Pit-bull on Elmore (Amber Nickel) please send letter inquiring about pit-bull and send copy of city code requiring insurance.
– Overhanging branches on scenic road East 7th street, complaint by Larry Matthews – council new decision to have Rance Trim what is hanging in the City Right of Way.
– Christmas Decorations in park – pole decorations (Brian Damme) – Council agreed Rance can work on this during work day hours: put up around shelter in park, park sign, sign bushes
– A/C tampering at old H/S – put up fencing around A/C units so kids cannot climb on them and knock them off their foundations.
– Post Office – plan of action
o Town hall meeting
o FOIA specific formula used for our town
o Letter to plea case
o Contact building owner in Wichita.
8:15PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays