NOVEMBER 18, 2013 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents attending included Jamin Nally, Lori Wilkins, and Ronald Thacker.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the October 21, 2013 City Council Meeting Minutes. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the bills before the council. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– Request from resident – add street light to electric pole next to her residence 324 Elmore. Council went outside to look at the location of existing street lights and to look at potential locations. At this time the council decided to pass on adding a street light.
– CB flooring repair questions: Concerns about lead paint/asbestos. Council suggested finding a contractor that can do the testing. The council would like the wall with the pass through put back after it is removed. Looking into rearranging the storage/furnace/water heater if it doesn’t cost that much to relocate in the renovation. Maybe check with the Lawrence builders association/home builders to find contractors to bid on the renovation job.
New Business –
– Shaner building billing details were discussed – the council agreed to further discuss the water/sewer utility billing at the next city council meeting.
– Christmas lighting competition – the council agreed yes we would like the community to do it. Deadline for participants to enter will be 12/9/13 judging will be held 12/15. Awards for the following 1st place – $200; 2nd $125; 3rd $75. Must contact city office to enter the competition.
– Promoting local businesses/points of interest road sign. Council was intrigued asked for more information.
– BW 12 flood insurance reform act info meeting – Jimmy Wilkins may be able to attend.
– JUS – software assurance support contract. Council agreed that they would like it renewed.
Old Business –
– Allen Jack property update by Mayor Sandy Jacquot.
– Mayor Jacquot contacted Greg Trendel on Thursday 11/14/2013. Greg is listed on the Douglas County Website as being the property owner of 339 Halderman. She explained that the City has passed a resolution to take action in cleaning up the 339 Halderman property, and any cost the city incurs and then bills to Allen Jack, if not paid could be placed on the property tax roll, which may subsequently affect Greg. Greg explained that he had a contract drafted by a lawyer, and he felt the contract protected him from such a situation.
– Town Hall meeting Saturday, January 8th, 2014 at 1pm: Post Office – Plan of action to try to stop closing of post office.
– Water tower light – off again
– Senator Moran’s office will have a representative available for “open office hours” at the Lecompton Community Building on Friday 11/22/13 from 1:15-2:30
– Light pole decoration 11/22/2013 – park decorating 11/26/2013
8:28PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays