JANUARY 6, 2014 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Councilman Tim McNish was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents attending included Lori Wilkins, Bill Smith, and Jamin Nally,
Elsie Middleton motioned to approve the December 16, 2013 City Council Meeting Minutes. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the bills before the council. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Mayor Sandy Jacquot did mention that she will be calling Lower heating and air to dispute the bill for the work on the boiler at the PRIDE building, that has not fixed the problem.
Jeff Heiman – Regarding the Allen Jack property issue, hoped to have the pleading on file with Douglas County court this week.
– KDHE water system operator training in January – Elsie Middleton motioned to approve that Rance be allowed to attend this training in Ottawa, Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion carries 4 yeas, 0 nays
– Hepatitis shots for Rance and Dick – council agreed they should get the series of shots for working on the lagoon system.
– Update on artic weather and our water system: 1 meter froze/broke; 1 pressure valve froze/broke; 1 froze meter. All situations resolved at this time.
– Call in to Westar to schedule removing Christmas pole light decorations (this week)
– Would like to have a light put on the back of the sander – probably have Nick at Standard install one
– Year end Audit on 1/20/14
– Loretta Phillips letter – no letter needed at this time.
– Boiler work at old High-School: Lynley send Scott Temperature a Thank you Card
– Interstate Elevator Contract – council agreed we should renew.
New Business –
– Electric meter inspection permits for Lecompton Mobile Lodge – #3A & 4A: Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the Electric meter inspection permits for the Lecompton Mobile Lodge. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motion carried 4 yeas, 0 nays.
– Water Rates: Jeff Heiman will prepare a new water rate ordinance that increases 1” water users to 59.10 on base rate and 2” users will increase to 78.80 on the base rate.
Old Business –
– CB Bid update – no new updates/still contacting
– Town Hall meeting at CB on 1/18/2014 @1pm to talk about post office closing
– Thank you card from PRIDE
– Update from Jimmy on PRIDE outside lighting. The current light fixture will not work, priced a diff. fixture – $90.00 trying to get it donated. Light above the 3rd floor fire escape, is a single light fixture, approx.- $20 to replace, also trying to get it donated. Hope to have more info at next meeting.
7:43 PM –Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays