FEBRUARY 03, 2014 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts, City Treasurer Ronald Thacker and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents attending included Lori Wilkins.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the January 21, 2014 City Council Meeting Minutes. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion, with typo corrections; add the “d” to Ronald Thacker’s name, and an “e” to make a word read “one” instead of on, on the 2nd page 1st paragraph.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the bills before the council. Tim McNish seconded the motion. Discussion about the electric bill for the ball field seems a little higher than minimum use charge. Susie Hackathorn said she would see if Phil Hart with USD 343 could check to make sure the freezers were unplugged.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Proclamation honoring Lawton R. Nuss, Chief Justice, Kansas Supreme Court
Jeff Heiman – Allen Jack property update: Administrative warrant has been filed with Douglas County. The Judge assigned the warrant is Robert Fairchild, and he is in the middle of a two week trial, so the warrant has not been signed yet, hopefully within the next week.
– Resident complaint about street damage on Isacks. Looked at it, not a pot-hole yet, it’s not that bad of a damaged spot. Will look at it again this spring.
– Patchen electric 5HP Aerator pump for lagoon. – Check costs from other companies – we need one on back up.
– 344 Elmore – update on awning/porch cover and new business
Old Business –
– Ordinance #815 – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve water ordinance #815 increasing the water base rate on business users according to water meter size as described in the ordinance. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
– Roadside sign for businesses – discussion – continue to discuss at next few meetings. Lynley may work with Elsie to design something.
– CB Contractor bid updates/ update on grant info.
Rockhill and associates passed providing a bid because there were too many updates, they work to maintain a historical nature of a building. The Dg. Co. Heritage grant is due March 14th, we will use the 2 bids we have received, further discussion/progress review at next meeting.
New Business –
– Employee Health Insurance Renewal for 2014. New Rates – Grandfather plan vs. new plan selections according to affordable healthcare plan. 100% premium paid vs. cost sharing. Further discussion at next meeting. Have Lynley Call for quotes from other insurance providers.
8:15 PM –Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk