October 06, 2014 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Jimmy Wilkins, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts, City Attorney Jeff Heiman and City Treasurer Ronald Thacker. Residents or township members present included Lori Wilkins.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the September 15, 2014 City Council Meeting Minutes. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the bills before the council. Mary Jane Hofer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
– Presented to council burnt/broken wire and blown bulbs from the water plant that was caused most likely by a power surge. Council suggested monitoring the situation, and we may need to contact Westar to look at power surge issues again.
– KPERS workshop Wednesday November 12th, in Topeka 9am-Noon, will need office coverage.
– Fall Newsletter review
Old Business –
– Weed nuisances: Hatcher is making small improvements, send letter saying thanks for your hard work, but we need to see more by the next council meeting; Stauffer, no new improvements, hire someone to brush hog it; Janes did some burning but hasn’t mowed, send one more letter saying that there needs to be more improvement.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to hire Richard Nichols to brush hog the Stauffer property to resolve the weed/grass nuisance issue. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motioned carried 5 yay, 0 nay.
New Business –
– Building permit 14-235: Tim McNish motioned to approve building permit #14-235, Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yay, 0 nay
– Building Permit 14-234: Roy Paslay – issued as electrical upgrade – rough-in inspection brought to light more remodeling than originally indicated. Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve changing the description name of building permit 14-234 with the caveat that Roy Paslay will pay any additional inspection fee’s. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yay, 0 nay
– Hach chlorine service contract: Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the Hach Chlorine service contract. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yay, 0 nay
– Jayhawk software assurance and support contract: Elsie motioned to approve the Jayhawk software assurance contract, after confirming the number of support hours. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yea, 0 nays
– E-communities update: Jamin Nally has replaced Sandy Jacquot on the E-communities board. Elsie will serve a second term on E-communities board. There are more programs coming, a possible accelerated program to help businesses network.
– Have city clerk look into playground equipment upgrades for city-park.
7:50 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk