JANUARY 20, 2015 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Treasurer Ronald Thacker. Residents attending included Lori Wilkins, Jamin Nally, Charlene Winters, Mark Tunstall, Paul Bahnmaier, Richard and Karen Ice, Carla and Dennis Anderson, Jonathan Marburger, Steve Baalman, and Gregory Weatherd (K10/I70 westleg group).
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the January 05, 2015 City Council Meeting Minutes. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the bills before the council. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Elsie provided an update from the K10 west-leg meeting she attended as the City representative. 2 state representatives and a project manager were also present, Johnathan Marburger, Steve Baalman, & Gregory Weatherd. Discussion and a little review of the map and preliminary thoughts on roadway and access areas occurred. It was decided that we could add one more representative from the City, so Jimmy Wilkins has joined the Technical Advisory Board.
Belinda Janes – No show to discuss code violations
Mark Tunstall – Waterline project – The waterline to Mark Tunstall’s home dead-ends, looking to make a loop to decrease the sediment at his end of the waterline. Council asked Rance to get together with Mark to develop a cost estimate.
Jamin Nally – City Park Use for adult foosball game for a wedding reception 6/27/2015, the council determined that it would be fine, no additional insurance is needed.
Ron Thacker – update council on December 2014 month end and 2014 year end and audit.
– Well pump needs replaced cost is about $3500, while it’s out looking at cleaning the screens and replacing the bearings, which is an additional $1500. Council unanimously agrees to take care of it all while it is out.
– Westar electricity issue – new contact is Vince Avila – Lynley will get contact # and address for him, if we are not getting the answers we need then look to filing a report with the KCC (Kansas Corporation Commission)
– DCCF grant info and Sunflower Trail info, pass along to PRIDE
– Westar charging to put up and take down Christmas pole decorations, do not know the cost yet.
– Jim Long recommended quick books – council agrees to purchase
– 2 new requests for building permits, no applicants have turned in paperwork yet, but two new homes are looking to be built in the City.
– KDHE sent out a survey regarding mosquito control, at this time we do not spray for mosquito’s is this something the council would like to consider doing. The council discussed mosquitos, but do not feel like they are an issue at this time, so pass on mosquito control sprays for now.
Old Business –
New Business –
– Dg. Co. Emergency Management donation – find out who will be benefiting from the donation
– Question about the park equipment – none has been ordered but because of a hiccup in the process of ordering, one more park committee meeting will be held, and then presentation to the council.
8:00PM – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays