November 2, 2015 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Elsie Middleton and Susie Hackathorn were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents attending included Lori Wilkins, Martha Martin, and Shawn Martin.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the October 19th, 2015 City Council Meeting Minutes. A correction to add day after 120 in the paragraph addressing the Allen Jack claim. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion with the correction.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the bills before the council. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Martha Martin – spoke to the council regarding a letter she received about her dog barking. Her son Shawn Martin was also present. Martha said she had only had the dog about 5 days or so and she was working on stopping the barking. Some heated discussion occurred, no resolution was met. Martha and Shawn excused themselves from the meeting.
– No new updates
– Get a hold of Patchen to acidize the wells
– Exchanged Santa bag with Santa Suit express because it was the wrong color
– Candy through Blair was $45/case. Susie suggested checking with Walmart. Jimmy said that $10-$15 more, we need it, so just get some.
Old Business –
– Community Building updates: received letter from Ks. Historical Society. We are to proceed with application for State Designation, we probably won’t be eligible for Federal Designation unless we want to remove the suspended ceiling and put in the leaded glass that was the East Window in the kitchen.
– Final inspection and walk through was 10/29/15 – a few small things like replacing the exit signs with flood light exit signs and battery back ups. Relabeling electrical panel and increasing the size of fresh air vents to the HVAC cabinet. Everything else looked great. We will have 18 tables and 100 chairs shortly.
– Ordinance 817 setting rental fees for the Community Building beginning Jan 1, 2016. Tim McNish motioned to approve the Ordinance increasing the fee. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
– Holiday party/park lighting and CB reveal – 6pm start time – general consensus, that sounds great!
– Christmas lighting awards, to stick with last years award schedule. 1st place-$200, 2nd place-$125 and 3rd place-$75. Consensus of counsel that sounds good.
– Waterproofing at PRIDE building: Council reviewed both bids, and they would like to get an actual written bid from Windler Construction Systems specifying the work he will do for the amount of money he will be charging. Additionally they discussed asking PRIDE group to cost share 30%/70%. Put on next agenda to move on the matter.
New Business –
– PLCL 9th annual holiday bazaar, they requested to be on the park sign, but it conflicts with the City park lighting celebration. They have already put up a small sign. General consensus, small sign can stay, but City info needs to be put on the large sign.
– Donation to Douglas County Emergency Response preparedness kits. The council requested to know what the targeted area for distribution for the next year would be, and then they will make a decision.
– Westar Green Energy options – General consensus of the council is to pass on this.
– Perry Lecompton High School – FCCLA program called S.A.F.E – seatbelt awareness program, asking for donations. Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve donating $100 to the SAFE program. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 Yeas, 0 nays.
8:00PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays