January 19, 2016 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Council Member Tim McNish was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents included Ed Smith and Lisa Herschell.
Elsie Middleton motioned to approve the January 4th & January 5th minutes; Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Jimmy Wilkins asked to clarify that the Win-Water bill was the materials for the Clark St. water main repair.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
Lisa Herschell – Sewer concern for property at 240 Clark Ed Smith came in to speak on behalf of Lisa Herschell. Discussion about ability for sewer to fall, not enough grade for the gravity to feed wastewater into sewer. Needs pump – question who is responsible for paying for and maintaining the pump? Discussion occurred – City is obligated to allow connection to the sewer, but not obligated to pay for a pump & maintenance.
– Nolan Packard: 2016 estimate mileage for Chip n’seal to get bids by 1st of February. Need total miles or estimate miles for coverage. Measure what we need & measure total North Side.
– Jones Street – discussion on options on how to fix the wash-board
– Back flow testing at water plant: suggestions on who to use: Lower is who we had a billing issue with. Check with Chuck Folks. Also a furnace in the water plant is not blowing warm air. Call Scott Temp to have them check it out. If Chuck doesn’t have time to check the back flow, see if Scott Temp can.
– Update to the City Council regarding the wastewater reciprocity contract with the City of Perry. City of Perry approved the contract with no changes.
– Feedback regarding City’s utilizing Facebook – in settings you can control comments so there haven’t been issues with negative comments. General consensus of the council is to go ahead and set up an account.
– Pitney Bowes renewal contract. Increase in rate from $135/ quarter to $159/ quarter. We will be provided with a new meter/scale machine and a new paper folder. Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the Pitney Bowes renewal contract under the new terms. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yea, 0 nay
Old Business –
– Filing deadline for candidacy is January 26th at noon.
New Business –
– Douglas County Heritage Conservation Committee would like to use the Community Building on 2/20/16. City Council agreed we would let them use it for no fee.
– Lecompton Historical Society is having local 2nd & 4th graders tour, and would like to celebrate Kansas Day on 1/28/2016. They would like to use the Community Building. City Council agreed we would let them use it for no fee.
7:35PM – Elsie Middleton motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk