March 21, 2016 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Tim McNish was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents or township members included Lori Wilkins, Lynn Ward, Susan Anderson, Jennifer Preston, and Janet Moore, Angie Gantz, and Michelle Derusseau.
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the March 7, 2016 minutes; Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
Angie Gantz presented the municipal insurance renewal. After reviewing coverage, the council discussed increasing coverage for the City Park equipment because of the addition of new pieces. Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the municipal insurance renewal rates and to increase the insurance coverage on the park by $10,000. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Susan with General Federation of Women’s Clubs approached the council about April being child abuse prevention month. Mayor Sandy Jacquot signed a proclamation recognizing April as Child abuse prevention month. The Woman’s club asked if pin-wheels could be placed in the park again this year. The council agreed that would be fine. April 8th is wear blue for Child Abuse Prevention Awareness day.
Lynn Ward approached the council to request use of the Community Building for a Historical Society class free of charge. After discussion, the council denied the request to use the building rent free and would like to revisit the use policy at the next council meeting.
– 1st State Bank CD#137165 – Renewed value $37407.54
New Business –
– Review newsletter – some suggested changes were made, ready for print
– Update on Community Bulletin Board at Lecompton Mobile Home Park – Rick to work with City to put up sign board.
– Lynley & Rance class on Tuesday afternoon
– Rance wastewater exam on Thursday 3/31 – Wichita
– Lagoon pad – parking issue – Council man Jimmy Wilkins brought discussion about changing our perspective and possibly looking at creating an off-road park of some sort and acquiring the land etc.
– Building permits 16-249 & 16-250 – New electrical service for mobile home 12B & 2B. Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the electrical permits. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yea, 0 nays.
– Elsie Middleton – after the PRIDE rummage sale, there were ceiling tiles remaining that did no sell. Thought we could use them to replace the really bad ones in the community building. General consensus of council is that is a great idea. Have Rance pick them up.
7:55 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk