November 7, 2016 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents or township members included Lori Wilkins, Karmel Thacker, Lynn Ward, Kathy Paslay, and Paul Bahnmaier.
Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the October 17th, 2016 minutes. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the council. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Kathy Paslay and Lynn Ward updated the council about the destination business workshop they attended in Colorado. Several ideas were provided to help promote not only recollections, but the whole City as a destination.
Karmel Thacker – Spoke to the council regarding electrical needs for Territorial Days. We only have 20 amp service, and most vendors, especially food vendors need at least 30 amp service some need 50 amp. The council determined that the upgrade wouldn’t be a hard decision, maybe a little costly, but a plug style needs to be decided on. Karmel is to poll her vendors to see which style is most popular. Once that is determined City Council will proceed further.
Jeff Heiman – no new updates
Rance – no new updates
– Rescind building permit for Kent & Pam Wingert. Jimmy Wilkins motioned to rescind the building permit for Kent and Pamela Wingert per their request. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed, 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– JUS – software update/support contract. Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the contract for software support. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– Community building was accidentally double booked for Dec. 3rd – which was original date for park lighting/Santa visit. After discussing council agreed Sunday November 27th at 6:30pm would be a great date
– Metropolitan Planning Organization presentation about sidewalks – council would like to have them present maybe at the next council meeting on 11/21/16
– Chair/Table carriers for community building – council discussed option – decided to order one set of 3 prong hanger to hold 12 chairs. Then one chair cart carrier (holds 25 chairs) and one table carrier – see where that gets us.
– Complaint about 409 Whitfield about trash cans being left to close to road during week when it’s not trash pickup day, and animals pulling out trash and making a mess of it in the road. Council agreed to send a letter to the person in care of the property.
– City received an inquiry about being able to hunt on private property within the City limits (on 70 acres) the City decided to have the City Attorney Jeff Heiman look further in to the request to check for State Statutes that would or would not allow for this.
8:07pm – Elsie Middleton motioned to adjourn. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk