November 21, 2016 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Council President Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Mayor Sandra Jacquot was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents or township members included Lori Wilkins.
Elsie Middleton motioned to approve the November 7th, 2016 minute. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the council. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
– Mower building siding, some is needing to be replaced
– Permanent part-time employee Jessica Dark may be leaving us in about 2-3 weeks.
– Resident Dennis Gowing had sewer issue, backing up – thought maybe it was a sewer main issue, but it wasn’t, need to look into root & grease control for the mains (additives for sewer main maintenance) Also, look into a company that can assist if there are sewer main issues (jetting companies)
– Review bid from Alpha Roofing (pride building roof) – no action taken at this time – hold on to bid
– Chair cart like the one for pride will not work – look into other cart options
– City Attorney Jeff Heiman reported back that it is okay for a person to hunt on their own property. The City Code addresses wreck-less discharge of firearms
– Boiler PH – concern from Bill Smith that the PH is too high – looking for lower PH chemicals. Council suggested contacting Gregg Sledd to take a look at the boiler and go from there.
– Addressed council concerning adding my husband Nick Sanford to the insurance plan. I would pay my husband’s portion so the City would not be covering it. General consensus of the council is that is fine, talk with Jim about whether or not to pull from paycheck or to reimburse the city (which-ever is better) and to contact Blue Cross to make sure plan is considered a family plan, or if I’m getting the best rate.
– Lecompton was nominated as on the of the best 5 small towns in Kansas – hold a celebration event – ideas ex (adding to Territorial Days, Something in the early spring?,) General consensus of council is to talk with the local businesses see what they think is a good idea, put back on next agenda.
7:23PM – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk