February 21, 2017 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. Council Member Tim McNish was absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Accountant Jim Long. Residents or township members included Bill and Dorothy Smith.
Elsie Middleton motioned to approve the February 6, 2017 minutes. Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the bills before the council. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
City accountant Jim Long was present to review the 2016 Audit with the City Council
Bill and Dorothy Smith spoke to the City Council regarding the east doors at the PRIDE building. The Smith’s indicated the doors are sprung, air leaks past them and they don’t always function like they should. They provided the council with a bid from Overhead door in Lawrence for new doors, using the old frame, and a new light kit. The council indicated they were interested in the project, but suggested two more bids be acquired from Omega Door and Kennedy Glass, then Council will review again.
– Looking to start doing our own wastewater collection for analyzing after February
– RWD #3 water usage – using about 500-600gal/day
– Review letter from Jeff Lampfers from KRWA – said our lagoon system is looking good.
– Trees, council decided we wanted to purchase a tree from Earl May. Jimmy Wilkins motioned to purchase the large Autumn Blaze Maple and have Earl May plant it when appropriate. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
– Newsletter review for dates: Egg Hunt 4/15; Vet Clinic 5/5; Pride Rummage Sale 3/24-3/25; City Wide Garage Sale 6/2-6/4 (double check with Perry), Bulk Trash 6/10; Tire Pickup 6/12; Territorial Days 6/16-6/17; Bald Eagle Car Show 6/24; Bald Eagle Rendezvous 9/21-9/23 (tentatively); Best Town celebration (?)
– Properties for cleanup –council requested that friendly reminder letters be sent to Belinda Janes, Dustin Gruver, Dennis Hatcher.
– Jimmy Wilkins wanted to discuss non-elected personnel wages –Jimmy Wilkins motioned to go into executive session for 5 minutes at 7:47pm Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the council meeting back to order at 7:52pm. Susie Hackathorn made a motion to approve a $0.50 wage increase for both the Superintendent and City Clerk. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
8:03PM – Elsie Middleton motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk