7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Jimmy Wilkins, Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Susie Hackathorn and Elsie Middleton were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents or township members included Lori Wilkins and Karmel Thacker
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the February 21, 2017 minutes. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the council. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Jeff Heiman – discussed a little bit about an R1 zoning question that came up, regarding building an accessory building with no primary structure or use. Do not have much to report now, will look into this more as more information is requested.
– Discussed purchase of new grinder lift pump station on 2nd street, near Kevin Quigleys. Cost of Meyers pump purchased through Todd Hurd is around $5100.00, that does not include installation. Council discussed – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to purchase a Meyers lift/grinder pump through Todd Hurd if we could not purchase one directly through Meyers. Also to check with both Bowan and Todd Hurd about cost of Installation Susie Hackathorn seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeah, 0 nay.
– Alert One Security Systems – review bid to switch, which included 3 locations, we have 4. Council requested the locations be updated and review at next meeting.
– Reviewed bid from Matt Griffin for Community Building bathroom remodel. Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the bid from Matt Griffin as written, please note in minutes, City Clerk Lynley has been in contact with other contractors trying to get bids, but no one has come out or submitted a bid. Tim McNish seconded the building.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nay
– Reviewed sales tax income from the last 3 years
– Reviewed City Property Valuations, down $313,000 overall
– Review City Municipal Insurance –Susie Hackathorn motioned to approve the City Municipal insurance with no changes. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
7:56 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk