ORDINANCE NO. 823
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF LECOMPTON, KANSAS (ORDINANCE NO. 750) AND REPEALING ALL ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT THEREWITH.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF LECOMPTON, KANSAS:
Article XVII, Section 3 of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Lecompton, Kansas (Ordinance No. 750) is hereby amended to read as follows:
SECTION 3. USE REGULATIONS:
1. Adding machine and other small business machine repair, sales, and services.
2. Ambulance service.
3. Amusement places.
4. Antique shops and stores, providing all merchandise is displayed and sold inside a building.
5. Apartments or individual dwelling units on floors other than the ground floor, or on the alley side of the lot.
6. Apparel and accessory stores.
7. Appliance stores.
8. Art and art supply stores.
9. Artist studios.
10. Auditoriums and similar places of public assembly.
11. Automobile accessory and supply store.
12. Automobile, truck and other motor vehicle sales and rental.
13. Automobile parking lots and garages.
14. Bakery and pastry shops (retail only).
15. Banks and other savings and lending institutions.
16. Barber shops, beauty shops and chiropody, massage, or similar personal services.
17. Bicycle shops.
18. Boat sales and rental.
19. Books and stationery stores.
20. Bowling centers and recreational buildings.
21. Building materials, retail sales.
22. Business and technical schools including schools for photography, dancing, and music.
23. Business machine sales, repair and service.
24. Catalog stores.
26. Cigar and tobacco stores.
27. Clothing and costume rental shops.
28. Clothing stores.
29. Commercial recreational uses.
30. Custom dressmaking, millinery, tailoring, and similar trades.
31. Day care centers.
32. Delicatessens and catering establishments.
33. Department stores.
34. Drug stores and prescription shops.
35. Dry cleaning and laundry establishments.
36. Dry goods and notion store, including coin shops and fabric shops.
37. Electric appliance sales and repair shops.
38. Farm and construction equipment, retail sales.
39. Farm wineries and Farm winery outlets holding the requisite licenses issued by the State of Kansas.
40. Fire stations, police stations, jails.
41. Fix-it shops (radio, television, and small household appliances).
42. Florist and gift shops.
43. Frozen food lockers of not more than 10,000 square feet in floor area.
44. Funeral Homes.
45. Furniture and home furnishing stores.
46. Garage and auto repair shops but not including auto body and fender work and auto painting.
47. Garden supplies and landscape nursery.
48. Government buildings.
49. Grocery, fruit, and vegetable stores (retail only).
50. Hardware stores.
51. Heating and air conditioning shops, provided all merchandise is located in a building.
52. Hobby, stamp, and coin shops.
53. Hotels and motels.
54. Household appliance stores.
55. Interior decorator shops.
56. Jewelry and metal craft stores and shops.
57. Leather goods and luggage stores.
58. Libraries and museums (public).
59. Liquor stores.
60. Lock and key shops.
61. Mail order catalog stores.
62. Medical, dental, and health clinics.
63. Medical and orthopedic appliance stores.
64. Meeting halls and auditoriums.
65. Messenger and telegraph service stations.
66. Milk and milk products distribution stations.
67. Manufactured housing and recreational vehicle sales.
68. Music instrument sales and repair shops.
69. Music stores and studios.
70. Newspaper offices, printing and printing supply sales and service.
72. Offices and office buildings.
73. Office supply and office equipment sales and service stores.
74. Optician and optometrist shops.
75. Paint, wallpaper and glass stores.
76. Parking lots and garages.
77. Parks and open spaces.
78. Pawn shops.
79. Pet shops.
80. Photographic equipment sales and supply stores.
81. Photographic studios.
82. Picture framing shops.
83. Plumbing shops with five (5) or less employees, provided all merchandise is stored in a building.
84. Prescription shops.
85. Printing and publishing houses (including newspapers).
86. Private clubs, fraternities, sororities and lodges.
87. Public buildings, including post office, city offices, county offices, state offices.
88. Radio and television studios.
89. Railway, taxi, and bus passenger stations.
90. Restaurants and snack shops, excluding drive-ins.
91. Service stations.
92. Sewing machine shops and stores.
93. Shoe repair and shoeshine shops.
94. Shoe stores.
95. Sporting and athletic goods stores.
96. Stores and shops for the conduct of retail business similar to the uses listed in this section.
97. Tailor shops.
99. Television and radio sales and service.
101. Toy stores.
102. Travel bureaus.
103. Used car lots.
104. Upholstery shops of not more than 10,000 square feet of floor area.
105. Utility company offices.
106. Variety stores.
107. Wallpaper and paint stores.
108. Watch and watch repair shops.
109. Accessory uses customarily incidental to the above uses.
PASSED AND APPROVED by the governing body of the City of Lecompton on this 20th day of November, 2017.
THE HONORABLE SANDRA L. JACQUOT, Mayor
LYNLEY SANFORD, City Clerk