February 19, 2019 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Mary Jane Hoffer, Tim McNish, and Stephanie Confer were present at roll call. Council Member Jimmy Wilkins and Elsie Middleton were absent. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Resident or township members attending included Bryce Visser.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the meeting minutes for February 4, 2019. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 3 yeas, 0 nays
Stephanie Confer motioned to approve the bills before the City Council. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 3 yeas, 0 nays.
Rance Roberts –
– Boiler in Pride building was inspected – waiting on estimate from American Boiler replace vs. repair
Lynley Sanford –
– G.A.A.P resolution 303 – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the G.A.A.P waiver resolution. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion. Motion passed 3 yay, 0 nay
Old Business –
– City Limit sign repair –moved to next agenda
– Tim McNish motioned to approve the Cereal malt beverage ordinance. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion. Motion passed 3 yay, 0 nays
New Business –
– Taylor Dietz expressed interest in being on our planning commission, it was asked that his appointment be put on the next City Council agenda.
– Cancer fundraising cycling event in September, event contact Sara called to see if they could utilize the community building. The council was not opposed to them using the community building, but would like to offer the PRIDE building first because of more space. Refer her to Carol Howard
– Reviewed wastewater inspection findings
– The council discussed a 3 phase backup generator for the water plant. Look into options for a grant –check with Julian.
7:31PM – Tim McNish motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 3 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk