March 18, 2019 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Mary Jane Hoffer, Tim McNish, Elsie Middleton, Jimmy Wilkins and Stephanie Confer were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents or township members present included Paul Bahnmaier and Rita Mathews.
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the meeting minutes for March 4, 2019. Jimmy Wilkins seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the City Council. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Paul Bahnmaier – Compliments to Rance for such a great job with snow removal. He did such a great job, he impressed many visitors from out of town during the Bleeding Kansas Lectures, saying Lecompton had cleaner streets than the City of Topeka. Compliments to Mayor Sandy Jacquot for being a great Mayor and participating on so many different boards/groups. Additionally the Winter family is working on repairing the old Winter school house. Also, the City does a good job monitoring car & trailers, but there are 2 on N. Halderman that are concerning, May want to do something about it.
Rance Roberts –
– Rance discussed extending and replacing culvert tube policies vs. new installation policy.
Lynley Sanford –
– Spring Newsletter review – have edits back to City for printing by Wednesday hope to have printed and mailed by Friday.
Old Business –
– Reviewed Inland waste contract and wording on item 5 regarding rates and future rate increases. The City Council asked that the City Attorney reword item 5 so that any future increases needed to be reviewed/approved by the council.
New Business –
– 421 Elmore has an accumulation of junk, trash and debris, the council discussed and asked that a in-kind letter be sent to the renters and the property owners that cleanup needs to happen.
– 405 E. Woodson was discussed, it looks as though 3 of 4 chimneys had fallen in and the whole in the roof has never been patched.
– Next chip n’ seal bid we will want to include the fire dept. east driveway to help keep the gravel from washing out every rainstorm.
– We ordered salt but have not had any delivered. Need to check on when that will be delivered. We have also been included in the bid tabulation with the county for road salt next year.
7:36PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Elsie Middleton seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk