September 03, 2019 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Sandy Jacquot brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Mary Jane Hoffer, Elsie Middleton, Jimmy Wilkins, Stephanie Confer and Tim McNish were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents or township members attending included Jamin Nally.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the meeting minutes for the August 19th, 2019. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Jimmy Wilkins motioned to approve the bills before the City Council. Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Jeff Heiman –
– Reviewed the Honey-Creek contract for solid waste service. Jeff will send a cleaned up version for Honey-Creek to review.
– Working on easement for water line extension across 835 E. Woodson. Council asked that update be put on the October 1st meeting.
Rance Roberts –
– Dredging of lagoons is completed.
– Plan on being in and out this week – finishing hay season
Lynley Sanford –
– Metal roof color selected and ordered – Burnished slate, guttering will either match roof color or be green.
– Have rough draft of newsletter hopefully ready at next meeting.
Old Business –
– Discussion about replacing the damaged playground equipment in the City Park. The council asked that the damages be submitted to our insurance company and to look at the parks and recreation association website for ideas on wooden structures.
– Discussion about replacing trees in the City park. General consensus is yes we would like to replace some of the fallen trees with something hardier. The council asked to get a recommendation from Jennifer Smith.
– Discussion regarding the banners the PRIDE committee purchases for hanging on the utility poles. The banners have faded and ripped. The superintendent removed the banners. The council asked that the PRIDE group be informed of the fact, and table the purchase of new banners for now.
– The council asked if there have been any updates from Greg Trendel regarding the property at 339 Halderman. There have been no updates. The council asked that we reach out to Greg and see how is proceeding.
7:38 PM – Jimmy Wilkins motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk