September 8, 2020 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore, Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Stephanie Confer, Matt Roberts and Owen Mallonee were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. No residents or township members attended. Meeting was streamed on Facebook live.
Matt Roberts motioned to approve the meeting minutes for the August 17th, 2020. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bills before the City Council. Owen Mallonee seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Electrical permit for Lecompton Mobile Home Park Lot 9B – Owen Mallonee motioned to approve the permit. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Jeff Heiman – Discussed with council if there were any matters they would like him to follow up with. Councilman Matt Roberts mentioned that he had spoken with Deputy Buccholz regarding dog control enforcement. The Sherriff’s department is taking the request for partnership to the county commission.
The council asked if the Boone family ever followed up with the City. They had not. The council asked that another letter be sent asking them to register their dogs with the City within in the next 30 days.
Rance Roberts –
– Update regarding the waste water lagoon aerator. The float is at a machine shop in Meridan being repaired. New setoff’s are being made.
– Update regarding water plant and the relief valve parts and high service pump repairs.
– Lecompton sidewalk project update. KDOT accepted our pre-proposal, next step is requesting letters of support. BG will work on the application for submittal.
Old Business –
– 339 Halderman updates – An individual who is interested in the property did contact the City office to inform us that they are trying to work out an amount with the bank. It was indicated that property owner Greg Trendel is non-committal to allowing access for an inspection. Greg has provided cleanup access to a local resident and cleanup is happening.
– Review bids for metal maintenance building: The council reviewed bids for a 40×60 shop for a city maintenance building. Bids were accepted from QSI, Mast and Morton Buildings.
Tim McNish motioned to approve the bid from QSI for the new maintenance building. Matt Roberts seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Some dirt work will need to be done. Thoghts on people to contact included Tom Clark, Terry Breason and Jimmy Deason.
New Business –
– Mayor Jimmy will be absent at the September 21st meeting. Council president Stephanie Confer will preside.
7:39 PM – Stephanie Confer motioned to adjourn. Matt Roberts seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk