January 19, 2021 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore St. Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Stephanie Confer, Mary Jane Hoffer, Matt Roberts and Owen Mallonee were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Superintendent Rance Roberts. Residents or township members attending at roll call included Troy Clark, Danny Sanford and Deanna Posik. Meeting was streamed on Facebook live.
Owen Mallonee motioned to approve the meeting minutes for the January 4, 2021. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Matt Roberts motioned to approve the bills before the City Council. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
Troy Clark approached the council regarding a Grand Opening Ceremony for Empty Nesters Winery. They had a soft opening a couple weeks ago and would like to do an official Grand Opening on April 10th from 4P-6P. Troy requested that the Mayor attend and to use a couple of the parking spots for social distancing outdoor seating. Consensus of the Council is to proceed with the plan and the Mayor should be able to attend.
Deanna Posik approached the City Council regarding alley issues behind her residence. The alley roadway has drifted onto her personal property and the neighbors that drive on it she feels are disrespectful to her property. Deanna stated that she intends to put up large rock and fencing marking here property which may narrow the current width of the roadway.
– Lift station at 105 W. Woodson was repaired, had to replace pump, it had burnt up. Council suggested ordering another as a back-up.
– QSI called with an update of the arrival of the new building. They stated to for it to arrive on 2/18. Our contract states delivery in March. As our building pad isn’t quite ready due to dampness, Rance pushed it off until March.
– No new business
Old Business –
– Consent for inspection of residence at 339 Halderman, so not yet able to connect with the home owner.
– Ordinance 829 for pay rate of appointed positions. Matt Roberts motioned to approve the ordinance. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– City council discussed hiring for assistant super intendent. The City Accountant indicated that financially things are looking good and the City would be okay to hire someone. The Council asked for a better job description, of what the assistant position would include. It must include at least the following; Apprentice water plant & lagoon systems, support building maintenance, mowing, park maintenance. Pay scale to increase after certifications and a payroll structure.
New Business –
– 2021 BCBS health insurance renewal. Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the quote for health insurance. Matt Roberts seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– Mayor Jimmy Wilkins discussed street inspections for repair for 2021 and repairs on Boone St. Jimmy will assist Rance in making a list in order of need.
7:30PM – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk