June 7, 2021 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore St. Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Stephanie Confer, Owen Mallonee and Matt Roberts were present at roll call. The following were also present: City Clerk Lynley Sanford, City Superintendent Rance Roberts, and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. Residents or township members in attendance included Susan Wood, Daryl Foster and Paul Bahnmaier.
Owen Mallonee motioned to approve the meeting minutes for the May 17, 2021. Matt Roberts seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve the bills before the council, Owen Mallonee seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Paul Bahnmaier was present to thank the council and everyone involved in making the Fox 4 zip trip interviews and filming such a success.
Daryl Foster was present to discuss concerns regarding traffic incidents on 7th street. Driver over steer into that corner and drive up over the small embankment and damage his fence. Can the City do anything about it? He would consider providing and easement to widen the road width there to widen that corner.
Jeff Heiman –
– Alley access improvements behind 432 Elmore.
– Review provided connection ordinance for water/sewer – make suggestions to Lynley before next council meeting and then final copies available for the next council meeting.
– Second street water leak repaired.
– Is it okay for additional patch repair sites before chip n’seal – need to look at area along woodson on asphalt. Take a look at areas, put on next council meeting agenda.
– Updates from KRWA/Jeff Lamfers regarding the lagoons aerators, sewer lines, mapping utilities.
– Updates City Maintenance building: City maintenance building is
– Reminder Vet clinic Friday June 11th 6:30-8P
– Would the City Council like to make a donation to PRIDE for a signed print of the Resilience mural, then have it framed and hung in City Hall? Consensus of the City Council is yes
– Review America Rescue Plan documents and who to make as contacts for the City. Stephanie Confer motioned to approve Lynley Sanford as primary contact and Tabetha Mallonee and secondary contact for ARPA relief funds. Owen Mallonee seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays.
– Concern over PRIDE listing souvenirs for the resilience painting for sale as opposed to suggested donation. If they are listed for sale, then sales tax would need to be collected and paid into the State. Mayor Wilkins investigated this further, found out it’s not too late to change the way it’s been advertising. Jimmy will contact Greg with PRIDE and inform him that it should be listed as recommended donation.
– No new business
– Comment regarding live streaming was reviewed by the City Council. The council has decided to stand behind the previous decision to discontinue live streaming on Facebook until or if there is ever such a time where access to City Hall is not possible.
8:51PM – Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to adjourn. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk