LECOMPTON AGENDA January 18, 2022
7:00pm – Open City Council Meeting
Approve minutes – January 3rd, 2022
Public Comments are Welcome; please wait to be recognized by raising your hand.
(please limit comments to five minutes and stay on topic at hand)
Jeff Heiman –
– David Burbank Property
– Any updates on 339 Halderman from KC Greater Realty
– If any, updates on Chapel at Lecompton/Ron Ricely
– Electrical service has been connected at new City maintenance building
– Kansas Gas has had other utilities marked, should be out within next 10 days to put in new gas service.
– Lagoon update
– Water plant update
– Renewal appointments for Planning Commission members: Jamie Newman, Michael Shields, Martin Huerter and Erin Hershell.
– If it comes out on Friday – Discuss Senate District – Reapportion map – want to stay at least in the 2nd district. If no longer in 2nd district, will want to write to committee to redistrict and attend state hearings over the next couple of months.
– Interstate Elevator Contract for PRIDE building elevator 1013.11 last year, Increase to $1063.77 = $50.66 price increase.
– New 2022 Notary law, have to keep log book (ordered and have), required proof of identification, must keep long book for 10 years after last notary, bond value will increase at renewal
– What to use the ARPA funds for
Old business –
– Property valuations/coverages for municipal property insurance? Berkshire/Hathaway is no longer providing municipal insurance coverage, so AG Insurance is writing us a policy with EMC.
– Need to decide on CPA for annual Audit – Lynley spoke with Jim Long, the only Request For Proposal we received was from Gordon CPA.
– Fort Titus room – soft spot in SW corner – A good time to look at it and repair?
New business –