February 7, 2022 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore St. Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Matt Roberts, and Owen Mallonee were present at roll call. Council member Stephanie Confer was absent. The following were also present: City Superintendent Rance Roberts, City Clerk Lynley Sanford and City Attorney Jeff Heiman. No resident or township members in attendance.
Owen Mallonee motioned to approve the meeting minutes for January 18th, 2022 Mary Jane Hoffers seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
Matt Roberts motioned to approve the bills before the council, Tim McNish seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays
Jeff Heiman –
– 339 Halderman has had 4 roll offs delivered, filled and removed. KC Realty is aware of an animal living under the home. They will try to live trap it and get it removed.
– Lagoons are good
– Maintenance building has been located 3x for gas, hopefully the main will be installed this week.
– Water plant high service pump repair will be happening this week.
– ESI came out and repaired the valve at the RWD 3 building
– Boiler at PRIDE, Rance is working on replacing a thermostat on the 3rd floor radiator.
– Rance would like to attend the rural water conference in Wichita in March. Owen motioned to approve Rance going to the conference, he can use his credit card to cover food and lodging. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
– ARPA funds – will speak with Brooke Sauer from Douglas County for assistance.
– Jimmy and Owen met up at the PRIDE building to look at the flooring from the Ft. Titus room. When they pulled up the flooring they found termites. They cut out a 10×6’ section, treated for termites and then put down new flooring. We will need to call a company to treat for termites around the building.
– City Council reviewed current condition of city trucks and equipment. City agreed, we need to replace at least one city truck.
– Health Insurance renewal. Policy rate is $2578.59, there is a rate increase of $56.05 bringing the new rate to $2634.64
Mary Jane Hoffer motioned to approve renewing health insurance. Owen Mallonee seconded the motion. Motion passed 4 yeas, 0 nays.
7:39 PM – Matt Roberts motioned to adjourn. Mary Jane Hoffer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 4 yays, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk