LECOMPTON AGENDA May 16th, 2022
7:00pm – Open City Council Meeting
Approve minutes – May 2nd, 2022
Public Comments are Welcome; please wait to be recognized by raising your hand.
(please limit comments to five minutes and stay on topic at hand)
Jason Hoskinson – Sidewalk
Greg Howard – Baseball field
Kathy Paslay –
Any updates on following properties: letters sent 4/22
• 405 E. Woodson – multiple holes in roof/siding falling off Jeff Morris
• 600 & 1851 Diag. Rd. – Barn collapsed/clean up rubble pile – Richard Nichols – Request hearing on 5/5 hearing set for 6/6
• 645 E. Second – vegetation overgrowth, trash, scrap metal piles – Mike Coffman – Requested hearing on 5/2 hearing set for 6/6 – Casey Pollard came in and said he is going to help/start cleaning up front at least and getting yard back under control.
• 421 Elmore – Damaged/disabled vehicles/untagged/scrap & trash piles – Bill Willis
• 409 Whitfield – roof damage – Steve/Rita Fischer
• 530 E. Third – accessory structure: holes in roof, doors damaged – Pat Edwards
– Next meeting (6/6) requested hearing with the council for Mike Coffman and Richard Nichols property. Discuss what specifically needs attention so the properties in question could be brought into compliance.
– Wells cleaned
– Salt Bid
– Water tower inspection bids
– Electric meters for TT day install planned for 5/23
– State reduced the fee for temporary permits to sell alcoholic liquor to $25/day – our code says the fee is set at $50/day. Would you like Jeff to write an ordinance to reduce the fee, or see if this is something the City could charter out of to keep our current fee schedule?
– Building permit for 120 E. Woodson (corner of Woodson/Clark)
– Solar power/Electrical permit 1257 E. 7th St.
– Hopefully go live starting in June for online bill pay option.
– Update – Up for re-election this election cycle – Mary Jane Hoffer, Matt Roberts, Stephanie Confer – You will need to certify at the Douglas County Clerks office at 11th and Massachusetts by NOON June 1ST.
Old business –
– P/T Help – update/discussion
– Update on meeting with Lawrence Humane Society
– Update regarding annexing in a street not in the city limits
New business –
– June 6th meeting will start with property hearings from the violation letters sent.
– Concerns over someone living in shed and in camper at 436 Isacks
– Consider speed limit digital sign for West Woodson Ave and possibly East side too