LECOMPTON AGENDA September 6, 2022
6:55pm – Revenue Neutral Rate Hearing
– Resolution to exceed RNR 316 (roll call vote)
7:00pm – Open City Council Meeting
Approve minutes – August 15, 2022
Public Comments are Welcome; please wait to be recognized by raising your hand.
(please limit comments to five minutes and stay on topic at hand)
Greg Howard – Playground Equipment
– Property violation review:
o 405 E. Woodson – Jeff Morris
o 645 E. Second –Mike Coffman
o 409 Whitfield – Steve/Rita Fisher: They have someone lined up to make roof repairs, waiting on the contractor
o 530 E. Third – Pat Edwards – accessory structure w/ holes in roof and damaged doors.
o Vacant land 600/1851 Diag. Rd. – Richard Nichols – collapsed barn/clean up rubble (work in progress) Moved to 10/3/2022 meeting
– Audit engagement letter with Gordon CPA for 2022 audit.
– Update City Council on Planning Commission request for De-Annexation special meeting outcome.
Old business –
– Sidewalk project progress updates (if any)
New business –
– Complaint received regarding vacant property on 5th street between 405 & 435 E. 5th.
The trees have all been cut down to stumps, but then really tall weeds have grown up over the summer. Could the owner be contacted to cut the weeds?
– Review Letter of Intent for hazard mitigation grant program – BRIC