November 21, 2022 LECOMPTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
7:00 P.M. Mayor Jimmy Wilkins brought the Lecompton City Council Meeting to order at 327 Elmore St. Lecompton, KS. Council Members Tim McNish, Mary Jane Hoffer, Stephanie Confer, Matt Roberts and Owen Mallonee were present at roll call. City Superintendent Rance Roberts and City Clerk Lynley Sanford were present. The following residents or township members present included: Jamie and Stephanie Hatcher, Gregg Howard.
Owen Mallonee motioned to approve the meeting minutes for November 21st, 2022. Matt Roberts seconded the motion. Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Stephanie Confer motioned to approve the bills before the council, Matt Roberts seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Greg Howard – presented to the City Council a grant award for playground equipment from the Live Well Community Wellness Grant through DCCF of $9000. City Council is very excited and is looking forward to putting it towards a new piece of playground equipment. Thanks to Greg Howard for applying for the Grant.
– Special note: Live Well Award was present to Mary Jane Hoffer for her efforts at the Lecompton Food Pantry.
– Jamie and Stephanie Confer were present to talk to the City Council regarding their dogs running at large. They realize the seriousness of the issue, they are taking steps like re-enforcing the fencing of the dog kennels, plans to build a privacy fence after the first of the year and started using training collars.
The council appreciates their efforts.
– Property updates for the following addresses:
o 405 E. Woodson (Jeff Morris) No skid loader or man lift has been delivered and the railroad tracks have been reopened for 2 weeks.
o 503 E. Third (Pat Edwards) City attorney Jeff Heiman has sent a letter that outlines giving them until January 2023 to take improvement steps on the accessory structure or the City will intervene.
– Cell 2 – lagoon aerator is off, making a weird noise, other 2 aerators are still on.
– Still working on the park improvements. Rick will adjust border and cut down and widen the berm near the alley.
– 301 Elmore (Ed Smith) sent in pre-approved solar panel installation permit – Douglas County has it held up over engineered plans. Waiting to hear back from the county.
– Update regarding chip n’ seal bid. As an executive discussion took place, it was divulged to us that if we are on the bid tabulation and we do not choose to be included in the tabulation bid offer then we will not be allowed to participate in the tabulation in the future.
Looking at possibility of being a alternate on the tabulation to see if this would be a better alternative.
– 12/1 – community meeting regarding the increase to 5 commissioners and possible map divisions.
8:00 PM – Owen Mallonee motioned to adjourn. Stephanie Confer seconded the motion.
Motion passed 5 yeas, 0 nays
Lynley Sanford, City Clerk