LECOMPTON AGENDA August 07, 2023
7:00pm – Open City Council Meeting
Approve minutes – July 17th, 2023
Public Comments are Welcome; please wait to be recognized by raising your hand.
(Please limit comments to five minutes and stay on topic at hand)
– Richard Wingfield – Sewer questions
– Stewart Reynolds – AT&T /Nabholz Construction – Building permit questions
Lecompton Community Empowerment – Updates and info:
– LCE is working on sidewalk grant for add’l work in front of former Lecompton Rural High School
– LCE is working on repairing/restoring flood lights on stage (along floor) – through campaign for good.
– LCE is going to purchase weather stripping, and if possible have Rance/Kyle install around all sides of the doors before winter to help stop air getting into the building
– LCE noted a drip over the East Entrance door. It appears a leak up from the gutter is dripping down above the door on people, can we have it checked out and JB welded or sealed?
– LCE just wanted to let the council know that during the last major storm (July 14th) there was water that blew in from somewhere on the 2nd floor kids dance room, and the 1st floor woman’s restroom
– LCE is looking to have hand rails installed at the South and West entrances – they will be metal/wrought iron hand rails.
Jeff Heiman –
– Property issue: 501 Halderman – Mitch Wofford: Too many Hends/Roosters/Keeping of animals – no response to violation letter
Lynley – Absent
New business –
– 2024 Budget
– Executive session to do select sidewalk project consultant firm (using the selection criteria form)
Old business –
– Utility Rates
– City Staffing
– Update – AT&T damages at Jones/7th (If any)
– Jeff Morris – 405 E. Woodson – waiting on plan of continued action/last report 7/5/23
– Kathy Paslay = Bald Eagle Landing/Port-a-potty – waiting on meeting attendance
– City Codification – waiting on bids from sidewalk project/financials